Friday, February 15, 2008

Happy Valentine's

I was trying to make valentine cookies with Allie and Tyler yesterday morning but I could not find the right sugar cookie recipe. That one is so good I did not want to try another one. I finally found it and Allie had gone to a friends and Tyler was sleeping. So I made cookies by myself. I went to pick up Allie and we took the cookies to Brandon when we went to meet him for lunch. That was a rare treat. We meet by the sheep on campus only it was SOOOO windy(and they were having a class) that we weren't able to get out and look at them for very long. Allie and Tyler were upset. I don' have any pictures since I made the cookies myself and Brandon and I did not give anything to Allie and Tyler. We figured they don't know what is going on.

For the evening I mades plans to take the kids to a girl in our ward. She was willing to watch them at her house so that I could surprise Brandon with dinner. Well he was surprised and there was no dinner. My afternoon got a little crazy because Tyler and Allie were not wanting to take a nap. I was going to make orange chicken(a copycat recipe from Panda Express, so good!) and we had only made it one other time and it is kind of a lot of work. Anyway, Brandon got to help me make dinner instead. It was still so worth it. I recommend it. It was so fun to be able to talk about our days without any other things going on. Allie and Tyler are usually just as excited to see him as I am only they throw bigger fits than I do so I get left out. So we made dinner and ate. And I still find it interesting(though I have always felt this way and just not made it happen) how much difference a date night makes in your week. I love to hang out with Brandon. It is like when you are in high school and you are looking forward to hanging out with your best friend over the weekend. I am not very good with my words but I really love the way it makes me feel.

6 comments:

LeAnn said...

Hey Janae,
You've been tagged. Check out my blog.
LeAnn

rachel said...

Oh I love it! that sounds like so much fun. i cant even think of the last time it was just me and heath.

ajensen said...

It totally makes sense to me. Luckily anna and jeff like to trade off so we can go most weeks. It has strengthened our relationship and I hope that we always make it happen. I love dating Ryan!

Kendra said...

I can not WAIT! That was so cute! I just got butterflies from reading it! That is real skill! I love you and Brandon!

Cody said...

You two are so cute. It sounds like a perfect night.

Becs said...

I think I may have teared up a little. You're the cutest. I can't wait to have a "best friend".