Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Joseph Smith

A couple Sundays ago a girl in our ward shared her testimony of the prophet Joseph Smith. Probably the most powerful testimony I have ever heard of the prophet. She is only a junior in high school. She started out telling a story about her friend that she was on the phone with one night. He told her that he had just finished watching a documentary about our church. She asked him what he thought and he told her that that would be the reason he would NEVER join the church. She said to him "oh really, why is that?" He told her because Joseph Smith was a con-man. She has heard this said before but never with so much hate. She felt many things and wasn't sure what to say. Before she disagreed she thought to be fair she would look at things from his perspective. Then all the things she knew of the prophet Joseph Smith bore witness to her that he was wrong. In tears she said, "How could he say that? I know of no man that would go through mutiple tar and featherings just for money." I wish I could put you all in the moment as she continued to share the truthfulness of the prophet Joseph Smith and how wrong that boy was to call him a con-man. You could feel the love she has for the prophet and how much she respects and admires him. It was a very neat moment for me. Brandon told me the same thing when we got home from church. I want to add my tesimony of the prophet Joseph Smith. I know he is a prophet of God. I know that he sacrificed much for the gospel to be here today. I have a testimony of the priesthood and that through the prophet Joseph it was restored. I have a tesitmony of eternal families and I am so grateful for mine. I know that I can be with Brandon and my kids forever and nothing makes me happier. The temple is such a sacred place and I desire to go there often and feel of the spirit there. Also to recieve counsel and blessings. I have a testimony of scripture study and the power of prayer. I have been studying the New Testament and feel like I am walking right beside my Savior as I read the stories of Him being with the people and apostles. He has helped me through many trials and I have felt him right there with me. I have a testimony of our new prophet Pres Monson and feel blessed to have a prophet to receive counsel from. When we listen to him we can only improve ourselve more! I say things things in the name of my Savior Jesus Christ. Amen

3 comments:

Cali Haynie Rutter said...

Thank you Janae!! You are Amazing and an amazing example to me! I love you!

THE BLAIRS said...

I wish I could have heard her testimony! I had a similar experience once and in those moments of spiritual power I feel greater strength through other testimony's and I draw from it still years later. Thanks for sharing your! It just make me think of that famous quote by Pres. Hinkley "Isnt it wonderful!"

LeAnn said...

Hey Janae-
I thought that since I'm usually the last...I going to turn a new leaf and try to be the first...to say....HAAAAAPPY BIRRRRTHDAY!!!!!
-LeAnn