Thursday, January 24, 2008

Our Week!

This has pretty much been our last week and a half. I have never had sick kids and I am grateful that I haven't. That was a long week. Tyler started it off by throwing up about two weeks ago. Luckily it was only two days and I was always able to see it coming, which made clean up easy. He was feeling great by Sunday and then Allie started fevering Monday night. Her fever was over 103 under her arm. It would come down when I gave her medicine but it would shoot right back up as soon as the medicine wore off. The doctors office told me to let her fever for two days on Tylenol and Motrin and then bring her in Thursday if she is still fevering. The doctors offices are SO busy here, you can never get in. We ended up in the ER Wednesday night because she was having a hard time breathing and her heart was beating really fast. That was the only thing open and sure enough we were there for 4 hours. We were all alseep when they finally told us we could go home. We left with early stages of pneumonia and ear infections. Friday was the first day she didn't fever and then she fevered that night and Saturday was the first day without any fevers. She laid on the couch the whole week and watched cars over and over. I am SO thankful that is over. At least it was Allie and not Tyler because for the two days Tyler was sick I could do nothing but hold him. Allie is a lot less of a complainer. She just took care of herself. She still says her ears have never hurt. She is a tough little girl.

2 comments:

Kendra said...

Oh.. that hurts my heart! I just love my little Allie girl! No more sick people..I just can't take it!

Cody said...

I'm glad she is doing better. Poor little girl.