Saturday, February 27, 2010

Appendicitis it is!


Well I am feeling about like the worst mom in the world right now. Tyler's appendix ruptured and he had surgery last night at about 11:30pm. I was just certain everything was fine. And I was dead wrong. He has done amazing with the exception of a few times the nurses have had to stick him twice because they didn't get it on the first try. His cry has changed and it is starting to make me sad. It is not the scream anymore but just the calm "mom, please don't let them do this anymore." He has started to lose his little voice. Surgery went really well and the surgeon feels like he was able to get everything out that was infectious. So he is already drinking clear liquids and keeping them down. Good signs! Hopefully we will be out of here in no time for Tyler's sake. I have been telling him since Tuesday that I was just taking him to get fixed. And now here we are Saturday still being poked and getting "fixed". Thanks for all you thoughts and prayers.

4 comments:

Brianna said...

AHHH he is so tender!!

LeAnn said...

Poor guy. Hope he gets better soon.

Melissa said...

Wow, you've been going through alot! Hope the recovery is fast!

Emily said...

I hope all goes well now. Glad to hear he is ok!!