Monday, February 9, 2009

I am NEVER going to be able to catch up!

Well, mostly Kendra keeps bugging me about updating the blog and I like to think that some of you others are wanting an update as well. WOW!!! I never knew life could get as crazy as it did. Brandon and I were discussing events after we got to Meeker and this is pretty much how it went.

December 5th- NRCS calls to tell us that they want us in Meeker the beginning of January. (Luckily, Brandon thinks things through and says not until the middle of January because I was having a baby. I was so excited I wanted to leave right then.)

The next week- This was finals week. All the while trying to find a place to live in Meeker, which is nearly impossible. Because of the oil and gas companies they don't have a lot and what there is is VERY expensive.

December 13th- Brandon's graduation and we had Brandon's parents and brother with his wife come over for the day.

December 16th- My mom arrives. She drive down the new van we bought from my dad.

December 17th- At 2:30am I decide that I am in labor but don't want to go to the hospital until the very last second. Then at 5:30 decide that I am done waiting for things to progress and I just want to get to the hospital and have a baby. Later that day we have Trent and he takes a LONG(compared to my previous labors) time getting here because he is posterior, which can make labor go slower.

December 18th- Come home from the hospital.

December 19th- My mom drives to Albuquerque to fly home.

December 20th- Go to El Paso to pick up Becca (my sister) and to see some friends who are visiting from Houston. They used to be at NMSU with us and in our ward.

December 23rd- Brandon's parents and sister came to see Trent.

December 25th- Christmas!

December 26th- El Paso Zoo

December 27th- White Sands National Park

December 28th- Take Becca to El Paso to fly home.

December 31st- Get to have our friends that we saw the previous week in El Paso actually stay with us so we can visit more. We miss them SO much! And it is our anniversary. We all went to dinner.

January 1st- Good thing our friends were still staying with us because they helped us get started packing and find boxes. That was needed help.

January 2nd- We left to visit Brandon's family in Ft Thomas for the weekend. And Brandon, Trent and I went onto Phoenix with Brandon's sister to take her to a Suns game. We had her name for Christmas.

January 4th- Came home from Ft Thomas.

January 5th- Brandon went to work and tried to fix our broken truck while I packed.

January 7th- Found out the truck was still broken after Brandon had missed work and helping pack to fix it. And it will cost an additional $800 to the $200 Brandon had already spent.

January 9th- I had to go to a final dentist appointment because he was in the middle of fixing one of my teeth and it had to be done before I moved. This dentist was famous for keeping me there for 3 hours at a time. Luckily this time I had Trent for a reason that I had to be out of there to get home to feed my baby. It only took half the time it usually did.

January 10th- Pick up U-Haul trailers and we started loading them. In between trying to visit with all our friends one last time before we moved. We found out so fast and it was during the holidays that we had too many people to see with no time.

January 11th- Brandon's brother and wife come to help us finish loading up and drive our trailers to CO. We BARELY fit everything! We had to hold stuff back as we closed the trailer doors, plus we had the van packed up to the middle seat to where you could not even see out, plus the back of our truck and the seat of our truck, plus Austin's truck(in the bed and in the cab). Thank you to them and all of the people in our ward and other friends who watched our kids and helped pack. We would NEVER have been able to do all of this without them.

January 12th- We drove to Farmington to try to get us about half way to Meeker.

January 13th- We drove into Meeker at about 6:30pm and unloaded. I called the bishop here for some help and it was a good thing because we would have all gone to bed hungry. With their help it took us until almost 8pm and you could not see any of the floors in our house. I did not know how we were going to fit it all. We got ourselves together and left for dinner. All to find that nothing in Meeker was open anymore. Gas stations, the one fast food place-Pizza Hut, the steakhouse, the ma and pa hamburger place, all of them closed. We were all so hungry, luckily we found a little Italian restaurant that was open until 9pm and it was about 8:30.

January 14th- Brandon woke up to find that our shower was broken when he went to get in. It won't switch from a bath to a shower. He tries for about 30min to get the spicket up and finally showers with a trickle and water still coming from the faucet below. We had to take out trailers to Rifle(about 45min south) and get groceries. And talk to Altell because we had no phone service. I did not even know our physical address because it is not on our townhouse. I had to call Brianna and Kendra(sisters) while I was in Rifle and just tell them that it is on 12th St on the right, look for our cars.

January 15th- We tried to get things set up for Brianna and Kendra so we could leave to Denver. Brianna and Kendra got here around 10am. They found our cars and luckily Brandon was outside when they pulled up and they did not have to knock on all the doors. We left for Denver in the afternoon and made it in time for me to take a real shower at our hotel and then head to the Suns game.

I will stop there even though there is way more to add. Brandon is a way better writer and so I will leave the rest up to him. I just wanted to get the little things written down for myself to remember. This all happened in just a little more than one month. That is why I was feeling crazy busy. I have pictures to add as well. I will do that later.

3 comments:

rachel said...

WOW!!! Ok so I love Allies hair! That length loooks SO cute on her.

THE BLAIRS said...

wow. you guys are awesome. Busy! but you did it!

Richard and Chelsey said...

So glad that you updated. I have been wondering how things were going in CO. We keep missing each other on the phone but I am dying to talk to about things and how they are going.