Monday, November 3, 2008

Happy Halloween!

Somebody had given me this great skirt in a bag of hand-me-down clothes and I thought, what a perfect Halloween costume. The best is the back where the ruffle gathers up in the center and has a BIG white bow. Allie had a great time being a cowgirl. She was so proud of her boots. They are about 3 sizes too big. When I got that skirt and saw that it was an easy Halloween costume I was trying to think of something easy to go along with it for Tyler. I am all for the simple and no cost. So I thought we will do him as an Indian. Luckily, it was still a few weeks before Halloween that I realized Brandon practically grew up on the the Indian Reservation and an Indian is not something you really dress up as. haha We had a good laugh about that. Anyway, I am grateful for this batman mask that I have in my dress up box. I remembered Tyler loves it and constantly asks me to put it on. Only he growls at you once he is wearing it. I don't think he realizes Batman is a "good guy" Thanks to my friend who had a cape and belt, I just bought some new underwear(that Allie can use) and the iron on transfer paper. He thought he was SOOOO cool! He walked around the house saying "batman" all night. I just wish you could all hear the voice he uses. It was so great!








I got Allie a hat at the dollar store and thought I should get Tyler one while I am here and they are only a dollar. He soon wanted to only wear the cowboy hat. It has been a great investment. Every time he puts it on he thinks he needs to go ride his horse(a bouncing horse that my grandma had from when I was little) and he will spend a good 15 to 20 min riding.

Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Lanise said...

I love the costumes! I can't believe how big they are getting. To cute! Hope everything is going well and you feel alright. We'll have to get together sometime! It's been way to long.

Becs said...

I wish I could have been there to see them! I miss you guys and I hate not knowing when I'm going to see you again. Blah! Maybe you should have your baby early so you can still come for Christmas...what do you think? I still haven't purchase my ticket, I could fly into NM and drive up with you guys...

Richard and Chelsey said...

I love the Halloween Costumes. I was able to find some at Old Navy for 12 bucks. I wasn't in the mood to be creative. Maybe next year. I'll have to start thinking about what they are going to be way before Halloween.

Kendra said...

P.S. I really love you and your children and your husband! You are an incredible mom and I look up to more than you will probably ever know...just thought I would tell ya! :)

Unknown said...

Hello! I found your blog off of Erin's. Hope you don't mind me checking things out. What cute trick or treaters! I have a blog too, but it's private, so if you'd like an invite email me at graygang@gmail.com
Maybe someday we'll get out for playgroup again.. Bye!