Monday, July 14, 2008

Long time!!!

Every time I sit down to post I take to long to figure out what I am doing or my pictures won't work and then somebody wakes up or needs something. Consequently I never finish what I started. Also, Brandon and I spoke in church this last week and that consumed my week.

We are still having fun! Tyler has started talking. He will say just about whatever you tell him as long as he is in his talking mood. It started a couple of Sundays ago in sunday school. We are in the cultural hall where there are basketball standards on the ceiling. He kept pointing and grunting and every time I would tell him "basketball." Slowly he would add one syllable every time he would try to say it and by the end of sunday school he was saying, "ba ba ball." He was so proud of himself because of course we made a big deal about. He will say tractor alot and one of the most comical has been when he woke up poopy. I told him to say I pooped. He smiled and said, "I poop." It was very cute! He is mostly communicating with sign language. Although, he does usually say more and thank you as he does the sign. Allie has been loving that he is learning and she is "helping" teach him. He of course performs for her more than us.

Allie is getting so smart. Everyday she surprises us with something she knows that we didn't realize she knew. She felt the baby kick today and she went crazy yelling, "my baby! my baby!" and kissed my stomach. She just knows it is a girl and she is going to help me take care of her. She reminds me of that constantly. I am sure I will be all for the help. Brandon and I both think that it is a boy. She wanted to do something in church since Brandon and I had been telling her all week that we could not play while we were writing our talks. I started practicing "I Belong to the Church of Jesus Christ" with her using the Church music website. She had it down perfect. She sang it in the microphone before sacrament meeting but during sacrament she whispered the first few words and then quit. I had to finish out the song myself. Oh well! Maybe next time. One of our favorite mispronounced words is computer. We must use the computer a lot because she is always finding things to use as her "computer". She will come tell me, " Mom, I am working on my poo-geter."

I hope to get some pictures posted but we will see.

4 comments:

Kendra said...

Ahh! I love them! I can not believe you are having another child... I tend to forget, and then remember again and love it all over!! I am super stoked! Love you!

rachel said...

Thats funny Kate also uses other toys and thing as her computer. Thats awsome that Tyler is learning how to talk. Taft only says that (while pointing) mama dada and my least favorite mine. can you tell he has an older sister.

Cody said...

What... you are pregnant??????
??????????????????????????
??????????????????????????
?????????

Sheri said...

Congratulations on the new baby!!! You sure make cute little kids, it's a good thing you're having another. :)