Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Independence Day!

So for those of you that have seen the old claymation Rudolph movie, with the snowman narrator that scoots around, this will be funny. Otherwise it might not make sense. We went camping over the 4th and so I wanted to bring some kind of our own celebration so that Allie would know it was the 4th of July and what that means. I was going to buy some little flags and talk to her about America and then I saw red, white, and blue bead necklesses and thought that would be much more fun. So I gave her the beads and told her a little about why we celebrate the 4th and I was reviewing it with her this last Saturday when we were on our way to our ward Pioneer Day celebration. I was reminding her that it was America's birthday and that we also called it "Independence Day." She looked at me and thought for a moment then says, "ya, like Kerby." Brandon and I sat there for a minute confused and the I realized she was talking about the elf from Rudolph. "I'm in-de-pen-dent!" As he leaves Santa's workshop. Brandon and I got a good laugh out of that.


As for our camping, it was VERY fun! We went with another family in our ward who has two kids and their oldest is only 3 days older than Allie. They are pretty good friends most of the time. We found the ideal camping spot with the exception of cow droppings. It had been rainy and so we didn't have any bugs. And it was a mostly grassy meadow surrounded by trees which kept the kids in the general area. It was perfect. Kenadee and Allie thought the cow manure was SO fascinating and consequently Tyler wanted to be invovled only Tyler didn't understand that you don't get in it. The girls would sit there and stare at it and say how gross it was and Tyler would walk over to see what "it" was and then get in it. We had a couple different incidents and even the girls curiousity got the best of them and they played in it as well. They were at least using sticks but it still ended up on all of there clothes and hands. I really wish I had taken pictures before we got them undressed. Tyler was covered in it the first time he got into it and I did not think to take a picture until after he was all clean. Oh well!


We went fishing at a lake that was near by and we found a great beach for the kids to play at. They played for hours. That was nice because sometimes fishing ends up feeling like baby-sitting while your spouse fishes. We did not have any luck catching anything besides a crawdad.


Here are some pictures from the weekend.



cow pie that they got in



the campsite, don't mind that I am in the picture

WEDGIE!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Your kids are so cute!! I can't believe how big they are getting!!